May 17, 2013 in Giveaways
Bloom, which takes place from Thursday 30 May to Monday 3 June, is Ireland’s largest gardening, food and family festival. It provides a fantastic opportunity to meet with food producers, take some colourful photographs, try some amazing artisan food and most of all, it’s a fun day out!
Bloom will take place within a 70 acre site in the Phoenix Park, Dublin, this June bank holiday weekend. Now in its seventh year, the event attracted over 80,000 visitors last year. Bloom 2013 will be officially opened by The President of Ireland, Michael D. Higgins, on Thursday May 30th and will run until Monday June 3rd. Visitors will have the opportunity to view 28 spectacular show-gardens, sample a wide range of artisan food as well as craft beers and spirits from over 100 Irish food and drink producers and attend more than 25 cookery demonstrations by some of Ireland’s best loved chefs. The popular Floral Marquee will also return featuring 50 nurseries along with almost 200 retailers.
This year, Bloom is also inviting 1,000 people to the Gathering of Gardeners – offering people a chance to bring together their friends and family to share in the wonderful experience that is Bloom in the Park.
Each winner will receive a pair of day tickets, which are valid for any day over the weekend – and remember that kids go free at this event so you can bring the whole family! To enter, just leave a comment on this blog post (one comment only, please – multiple entries will be disqualified). The winners will be randomly chosen and notified by email. The competition will close at 12pm on Friday 24 May. Good luck!
Highlights from the Feast-ival of Food
- The hugely popular Bord Bia Food Village will once again offer visitors the opportunity to sample some of the finest artisan foods produced around the country.
- At the Bord Bia Quality Kitchen stage, some of Ireland’s best loved chefs with live cooking demonstrations including Neven Maguire, Catherine Fulvio, Martin Shanahan and Donal Skehan, among others. The events will be hosted by TV presenter and well known foodie, Ella McSweeney who will also interview food producers throughout the weekend.
- Fans of craft beer and whiskey will enjoy a visit to the ‘Bloom Inn’ while Bloom will also host the Irish Cheese Awards for the first time this year.
- Ireland’s food and drink industry is on a sustainability journey through the Origin Green development programme that aims to demonstrate the commitment of the sector. This journey will be explained in Bord Bia’s Food Village using interactive features allowing visitors to discover what it means for them.
- The ‘Horticulture for Health and Wellness’ exhibit located beside the fruit and vegetable market will demonstrate to the public, how important horticultural produce is, in a very practical way, to health and wellness in our everyday lives.
- Bloom Farmyard will feature dairy cows being milked each morning and evening, a beef cow and her calf, sheep and lambs, pigs and chickens. Visitors will have the opportunity to ‘meet the farmer’, with several producers on hand throughout the weekend.
Don’t forget, Bloom is a family event, kids go free and there will be a variety of entertainment options for all the family to enjoy including music, Budding Bloomers, a dedicated children’s play zone, with games and activities, craft workshops and a picnic area. The picnic area surrounding the Main Stage promises to be a perfect spot for relaxation and enjoyment with various musical artists entertaining visitors from mid-morning to late afternoon, for the duration of Bloom.
Tickets are on sale now at www.bloominthepark.com. Follow Bloom 2013 on Facebook, www.facebook.com/bloominthepark or join the conversation on Twitter, www.twitter.com/bloominthepark or #Bloom.