Food Writing Workshop with Dianne Jacob
May 24, 2012 in Events
- viagra compared to genaric viagra
- viagra prescription prices
- daily cialis pricing
- take viagra soft tabs
- viagra soft tabs low cialis
- 36-hour cialis
Her book, Will Write for Food: The Complete Guide to Writing Cookbooks, Blogs, Reviews, Memoir, and More, is a very popular reference book for food writers and food bloggers. It has won two international awards from the Cordon D’Or and the Gourmand World Cookbook Awards. She is also the co-author of the cookbook Grilled Pizzas & Piadinas.
Now, thanks to organiser Dorcas Barry and sponsors Bord Bia and Fáilte Ireland, Dianne Jacob is coming to Ireland for a writing workshop on 21–22 September at the BrookLodge Hotel in Co. Wicklow! An exciting itinerary of events has been planned, from one-to-one writing workshops to a spit roast lunch. Events can be booked individually.
FRIDAY, 21 SEPTEMBER 2012
2–5.00pm: 6 half-hour slots available with Dianne Jacob for one-to-one coaching on starting a food blog, writing a cookbook, or food writing in general. UPDATE: SOLD OUT
5.30pm: Visit to Gold River organic farm with Evan Doyle from BrookLodge.
7.30pm: Bubbly reception followed by the Big Table Dinner Experience at The Strawberry Tree restaurant. This is a very special event created by BrookLodge, where the food is served in the style of a feast. The rule of the table requires that everyone serves each other from a fantastic range of dishes made only from locally supplied artisan organic food. A highly interactive and memorable experience.
SATURDAY, 22 SEPTEMBER 2012
A one-day class and workshop for the food obsessed who love to write. An open event for bloggers, food writers and anyone with an interest in communicating about food. The event will be structured as follows.
9.30am: Food writing technique and writing exercises. Learn what makes the top food writers successful and stretch your skills and creativity. There will be a short break for tea/coffee.
1.00pm: Spit roast lunch in the apple orchard at Macreddin and networking.
2.30–5.00pm: Recipe writing, cookbook publishing and how to engage your readers as a food blogger.
COSTS (any event over the two days can be attended independently)
- Friday one-to-one coaching with Dianne (must be pre-booked): €40.00 per half-hour session
- Friday visit to Gold River organic farm: No charge
- Friday Long Table Dinner with wine & bubbly reception: €70.00 per person
- Bed & breakfast at BrookLodge Hotel: €62.50 per person sharing; single supplement €25.00
- Saturday all-day workshop including spit roast lunch: €75.00 per person
- Contact Dorcas Barry on 086 806 1383 to book workshop events.
- Contact BrookLodge Hotel on 0402 36444 for accommodation bookings (quote Irish Food Bloggers to avail of special rate).