Today Show Launches New Culinary Competition: Ireland’s Best Home Cook
February 13, 2013 in Competitions
The Today team has launched a new competition called “Ireland’s Best Home Cook” and is searching for a new TV cook to join their team for a month. So if your family think you’re a super chef and you’ve always fancied the idea of sharing your recipes with the nation on television, then grab an apron, grab a video camera and show Dáithí Ó Sé and Maura Derrane what you’ve got!
The Today team would like you to send them a 3- to 4-minute video demo of you cooking up a storm in your own kitchen. They want people who have a flair for TV as well as a passion for food. Give them a flavour of why you think you have what it takes to be a television chef.
The winner’s prize includes a lesson from celebrity chef Kevin Dundon in Dunbrody Country House Hotel in Wexford, where Kevin will share tips and expert knowledge on how to be a successful television chef. The winner will get their own cookery slot once a week on Today during the month of March.
The closing deadline is 6pm on Thursday, 21 February 2013. Entrants can email their video to or post tapes to Today, RTÉ Studios, Father Matthew Street, Cork.
Ireland’s Best Home Cook entry rules:
- Entrants cannot have been employed as a professional chef
- Video clips must not be longer than 5 minutes in total
- Entrants must be resident in Ireland or Northern Ireland and be over 18 years of age
- Entrants must be available to travel to the RTÉ studios in Cork once a week during the month of March
- RTE Competition Voting Terms & Conditions apply
- Entrants can email their video to or post tapes to Today, RTÉ Studios, Father Matthew Street, Cork